ITEMS ADDED TO CART

Cart

No item in the Cart

You have 0 products in the Cart

Total: €0.00

Cart

You have 0 products in the Cart

ITEMS IN WISHLIST

Wishlist

No item in Wishlist

You have 0 products

Wishlist

You have 0 products

COMPARE ITEMS

Compare

No item to compare

You have 0 products

Compare

You have 0 products

BOLGHERI SUPERIORE DOC 1996 ORNELLAIA LT 0,750

€ 450,00
ORNELLAIA4
8032732224524
Tuscany
NR
1996
TENUTA DELL'ORNELLAIA
56% Cabernet Sauvignon,27% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot

PRODUCT INFORMATION

ORNELLAIA 1996
- BOLGHERI DOC SUPERIORE
75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc
The desire to nurture the Estate’s exceptional qualities has shaped Ornellaia’s philosophy since the beginning.
Ornellaia is a cuvée of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc & Petit Verdot and the faithful expression
of unique terroir developed in harmony with nature.
THE 1996 GROWING SEASON
The Spring of 1996 had below average temperatures which caused a delay of flowering. The Merlot variety
flowered 24/25 May while the Cabernet between 25-28 May. Temperatures in the summer were fairly stable
but not excessively hot. Around mid August there was some rain which caused some delay in ripening.
Temperatures however increased noticeably at the beginning of September enabling the grapes to fully ripen.
The harvest was carried out by hand during 8-12 September for the Merlot variety, and during 29 September –
9 October for the Cabernets. Attention was given to a careful grape selection and the grapes brought to the
cellars were in excellent condition.
VINIFICATION AND AGEING
The grapes were destemmed and gently pressed and introduced partly into wooden fermentors, and partly into
stainless steel tanks. Maceration took place over a period of 25-32 days at a temperature not exceeding 30°C
during which time the wine completed its alcoholic fermentation. The wine was then racked and introduced
part into new French oak barriques (60%) and the remaining 40% into one year old French oak barriques
where it completed its malolactic fermentation. The wine remained for a period of 18 months in the
barriques, followed by a further 12 months in the bottle before release.

REVIEW THE PRODUCT

Login to read the reviews and write your own -- Proceed to LOGIN
Powered & Designed by Passepartout