Poliziano was born in 1961 when Dino Carletti bought the first unit of 22 hectares, moved by a romantic and passionate vision for his homeland.
During the years the winery has grown, reaching currently 170 hectares of vineyards. The name is given in honour of the humanist and poet Angelo Ambrogini (1454-1494), called "il Poliziano".
After concluding Agriculture studies Federico Carletti, Dino's son, takes up the management of the winery in 1980. He immediately undertakes a professional and philosophical turn to the company, by studying and working only with home grown grapes ("Estate Winery").
Concentrating on a quality viticulture, modern but at the same time respectful of the environment and tradition, from the vineyards with the highest density he immediately obtains a Nobile wine with great depth and quality.
Always reaching for quality and excellence in his wines Federico has continuously applied new techniques both in the vineyard and in the wine cellar. In the 90's some international grape varieties have been planted, but at the same time the local grape par eccellance, the "sangiovese", that in Montepuciano is known as "Prugnolo Gentile" has been studied and exalted.
Strengthened by the great knowledge of the potential of the Montepulciano area, Federico has been concentrating, for almost twenty years now, on the maximum exaltation and expression of the terroir in his wines; letting typicality and naturalness express themselves. That's why he has dedicated himself to the production of famous "cru".
The family passion for wine and territory continues with Francesco and Maria Stella, who are nowadays precious counsellors for Federico, to help him face the current and future challenges.